Powered by Blogger.

About me

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Breaking News

Breaking News

Monday, April 2, 2018

March Mindfulness: How I created the world's first meditation bracket contest

  Mian Adeel Soomro       Monday, April 2, 2018
TwitterFacebook

The call went out on Facebook — which, despite its increasing levels of creepiness, is still where we turn to make something inherently ridiculous happen with a large number of co-conspirators. 

“Who wants to take part in the first ever high-tech competitive meditation tournament?” I wrote. Naturally, it took mere seconds for a friend to say what I would hear a hundred times over the rest of the month: “Isn’t that an oxymoron?” 

“Exactly why I love it!” I shot back. 

By turns performance art, subtle comedy, nail-biting sport, cutting-edge tech demo, and something with the genuine potential to help a large number of people live better lives: competitive meditation, I thought, had it all. The first friend to declare it an oxymoron also gave my tournament the perfect title: March Mindfulness. Read more...

More about Meditation, Apps Software, Eeg, Culture, and Health

from Mashable https://ift.tt/2E8RGWZ
logoblog

Thanks for reading March Mindfulness: How I created the world's first meditation bracket contest

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment