Powered by Blogger.

About me

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Breaking News

Breaking News

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Humanitarian travel: Photo workshops that give back

  Mian Adeel Soomro       Tuesday, July 2, 2019
TwitterFacebook

My first trip with The Giving Lens (TGL) was to Morocco in 2016. I'd never heard of the organization before that and hadn't ever been on a travel photography workshop when a notice for the trip popped up on my Facebook feed, and I immediately knew I wanted to go. I'd visited northern Morocco in 2014, after discovering that my direct paternal ancestry was Amazigh (Berber). I had thought of returning on my own to visit southern Morocco (Marrakech and the Sahara), where most of the people I met I could count as distant cousins—and that is exactly the itinerary TGL offered. Add to that professional guidance and a chance to travel with avid photographers and to be of service to the community, and I was thrilled to have my application accepted. Read more...

More about Travel, Humanitarian, Social Good, and Activism

from Mashable https://ift.tt/2Lm2o3s
logoblog

Thanks for reading Humanitarian travel: Photo workshops that give back

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment